Looking to sell or rent a property?
Our Vacant Buildings Program provides the necessary insurance coverage until the building is rented or sold.
This program includes a property and general liability component with a focus on single, multi-family, and commercial structures, including retail and office buildings. It is geared toward builders with homes in inventory that are intended for sale, or individual owners or investors with less than 10 investment properties.
- Special coverage form designed for residential and commercial properties during periods of vacancy
- Limits up to $5 million (higher limits are available; subject to underwriting)
- Competitive pricing and commission
- Underwritten by a leading national "A" rated carrier (non-admitted)
- Actual cash value and replacement coverage are available
- Fast turnaround and electronic processing
- 3, 6 and 12 month terms available
- No volume commitment
- Responsive claim service and expert claim management
- General Liability
- Vacant, single-family dwellings and multi-family structures
- Vacant commercial structures including retail, office buildings, wholesale and light-service industries
- No more than 30% occupied
- Up to 10 residential units
Coverage & Limits
- Direct physical loss, unless excluded or limited
- Theft and vandalism
- Debris removal
- Limited pollutant clean up
- "Frozen pipe" provision
- Limited fungus
- Water damage
- Mortgage holder provision
The coverage information outlined here is a guideline only. Please refer to the actual policies for full terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. In the event of a conflict between this document and the actual policies, the policies will control.
Insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of AIG