Builders Risk Insurance.
The Builders Risk Insurance Program is designed for property owners, contractors and others responsible for insuring commercial and residential properties during ground-up construction. It covers physical loss and damage during the construction process.
Our Builders Risk program features processing that lets you qualify, quote and issue with only two short screens of data entry.
- Competitive pricing and commission
- No volume commitments
- A+ rated admitted carrier
- Backed by a specialized Builders Risk group, delivering the highest level of expertise and service
- One-step, easy online quoting and policy issuance
- A fast, cost-effective way to handle small accounts – rate and issue with two short screens of data entry
- Superior claim service
- Commercial and residential new ground-up construction insurance coverage
- Up to 15 residential units
Coverage & Limits
Subject to policy coverage and wording.
- Buildings or Structures in the Course of Construction
- Scaffolding, Fencing, and Temporary Structures
- Fraud and Deceit – The most “we” pay under this Coverage Extension is $50,000
- Soft Costs – Actual Loss Sustained, not to exceed 10% of the project’s completed value
- Limited Fungus – Arising out of a covered peril, up to $15,000
- General Liability limits up to $1M/$2M available, provided that the owner is not the contractor/GC, subject to program guidelines; General Liability is not available in DE, FL, HI, KY, and NY
- Additional coverages listed in the policy
- Expediting Expenses – The most ‘we” pay is $10,000
- Expenses to Re-erect Scaffolding – The most “we” pay is $15,000
- Ordinance or Law – Arising out of a covered peril listed in the policy – See policy for coverage limit
- Personal Property – The most “we” pay is $10,000
- Rewards – The most “we” pay, at “our” discretion, up to $10,000
- Temporary Storage Location – The most “we” pay is $25,000 – with higher limits available Sewer Backup – The most “we” is $10,000
- Sewer Backup – The most “we” pay in any one occurrence under the Supplemental Coverage is $10,000
- Transit – The most “we” pay is $15,000 – higher limits available
- Blueprints and Construction Documents – The most “we” pay is $20,000
- Trees, Shrubs, and Plants – Located at the covered “jobsite” and being planted or installed as part of “your” construction project
The coverage information outlined here is a guideline only. Please refer to the issued policy for full terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. In the event of a conflict between this document and the issues policy, the policy will control.
- Insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of AIG