Account Executive - Bellevue, WA or Atlanta, GA.
The Account Manager in the Specialty Division is responsible for new business submission information gathering, qualifying and presentation to program markets. This includes working with brokers, negotiating with carriers or in-house underwriting team members, preparing & delivering proposals and soliciting feedback/expectations from brokers. The AE handles all products we sell and is well versed in the systems these products are processed in.
On certain products, handles the mid-term servicing and renewal procedure as well with the broker and carrier. On other products, has the authority to quote and bind coverage as delegated by internal underwriting personnel.
- Supports territorial Sales Executive on new business submissions
- Serves as focal point on a limited number of renewal accounts (those not part of a program)
- Underwrite certain new business submissions and quote to retailer without need for referral to underwriting (commonly referred to as level-one underwriting authority)
- Reviews loss runs, understands how loss frequency and severity might have an impact on accounts and uses that analysis in communication with internal underwriting or outside carriers
- Works with rating mechanisms to understand indications to/from internal underwriting on program business
- Negotiates/communicates subjectivities required for binding or post-binding
- Issues quotes to brokers
- Follows with brokers on quotes to determine probability of binding or objections/reservations
- Binds insurance policies in applicable systems and issues binders to brokers
- Invoice some policies directly where internal underwriting does not and follows up on outstanding balances on those policies
- Maintains electronic files on each quote and policy in accordance with established guidelines (in conjunction with our outside vendor)
- Regularly reaches out to key brokers assigned to them to create a relationship and flow of submissions
- Collects and reports competitive data to assist in product development / enhancement
- Travel as required (roughly three times per year) to meet brokers face to face
- Meets all file documentation standards, complies with underwriting and authority level standards, and passes all audits (both internal and external).
- Demonstrates command of program forms and endorsements for the various programs they sell
- Files all correspondence and forms in the appropriate systems or monitors their completion if done by someone else.
- Documents all broker outreach activity in Salesforce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years+ of commercial insurance experience
- 5 years+ of account manager with insurance experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent industry education
- Able to develop rapport and build relationships and to quickly create credibility with brokers
- Presents ideas with conviction and demonstrates ability to convince others
- Perseveres and overcomes obstacles
- Stays focused under pressure
- Ability to prioritize amongst various opportunities
- Seeks to find a way to grow new business, sees angles others do not
- Demonstrates a high level of abstract reasoning
- Works independently and implements self-structure
- Manages time well and implements a system to stay organized
- Seeks assistance when submission flow means service standards cannot be met
- Must be able to take feedback and learn from past history
- Is both thorough and skeptical when it comes to submission review
- Working knowledge of insurance coverage and contracts, ability to analyze coverage forms
- Working knowledge of underwriting standards, procedures, program guidelines
- Aptitude for computer-based work in multiple systems
- Is detail-oriented and demonstrates mathematical aptitude
- Accountable - willing to do what it takes to meet deadlines committed to
- Handles routine office work, can drive and fly by air
- Can enter data via computer and can work with electronic phone system, Microsoft Office products and agency management systems
- Has a valid agents/brokers license
- Occasionally willing to work evenings and weekends to meet business needs as required
Note: this job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet needs of the organization.