Real Estate Umbrella.
Effective September 1, 2018 on new business, our life safety guidelines have changed for Real Estate Umbrella on mid-rise and high rise properties. Please review the application with special attention given to the eligibility sections.
Formed by Distinguished Programs in 1987, this program is the country’s first and longest running real estate umbrella liability purchasing group. Today our umbrella programs are among the largest in the United States.
The program offers high liability limits at extremely competitive prices for a broad range of real estate risks.
We also have lower limit companion umbrellas for some of our property and liability programs that are priced in accordance with those smaller risks. Here are some additional key advantages of the Real Estate Umbrella for both residential and commercial buildings:
- Limits from $1 million to $300 million
- No shared limits
- Admitted, A.M. Best A rated carriers
- Superior level of claim service and support
- Competitive pricing and low minimum premiums
- Automatic renewal process for most risks
- Condominiums (residential and commercial)
- Apartments / rentals
- Homeowner associations
- Planned unit developments (residential & commercial)
- Senior / independent housing
- Office buildings
- Strip malls
- Indoor malls
- Stand-alone retail properties
- General warehousing
- Light industrial complexes
- Self storage
- Stand alone golf courses
- No Assault and Battery exclusion
- No Abuse and Molestation exclusion for some risks
- Crisis Response Coverage
- Unintentional Errors or Omissions
- Broad Named Insured endorsement (to include additional insureds)
- Limitation of coverage to specified locations endorsement- Newly acquired locations must be reported to and accepted by the company within ninety (90) days
Follow Form Coverages
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Personal injury
- Advertising injury
- Auto liability
- Directors and officers liability for not-for-profit community associations
- Punitive or exemplary damages - Except those related to a certified act of terrorism
- Host liquor liability
- Employee benefit liability
Schedule of minimum underlying insurance
|Commercial General Liability (CGL)||
$1,000,000 per occurrence/
$1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury
$2,000,000 general aggregate per location
|Commercial Auto Liability (AL)||$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit|
|Employer’s liability (EL)||
$500,000 Each Accident
$500,000 Policy Limit-Disease
$500,000 Each Employee- Disease
|Employee benefits liability (EBL)||
$1,000,000 Each Occurrence or Each Claim
|Garage keepers legal liability (GKLL)||$1,000,000 Each Loss|
Directors and Officers Liability (D&O)
(Not for Profit Community Associations Only)
*See form Requirements Below
$1,000,000 Each Claim (Indemnity)
$1,000,000 Each Claim (Defense)
$1,000,000 Aggregate Each Association
$2,000,000 Each Claim (Defense inside the limit)
$2,000,000 Aggregate Each Association
The coverage information outlined here is a guideline only. Please refer to the actual policies for full terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. For a sample copy, please contact Susan DeCarlo @ firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of a conflict between this document and the actual policies, the policies will control.
* Endorsement form Directors & Officers Liability on the Commercial General Liability policy is eligible only if the D&O has its own separate unimpeded limit.
*Directors and Officers Liability underlying policy must include Duty to Defend wording with regards to Defense.
*Underlying Directors and Officers Liability Carrier subject to underwriting approval.
“Distinguished Programs and its insurers are committed to complying with their obligations under the Fair Housing Act.”