Underwriter - Dallas, Texas.
Bring your questions, ideas and your voice! You will have the opportunity to work with a motivated team focused on building strong relationships with each other and our customers. If you like navigating changing landscapes, are a quick learner, want to work with smart and engaged colleagues in a coaching culture…consider growing with Distinguished. Creating a great experience for our customers and ourselves is what makes us Distinguished.
- Consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience with every interaction, in every mode of communication including, but not limited to phone, email and live chat
- Maintain on-going relationships with both external and internal customers
- Work closely with our customer care team to solve problems for the broker
- Analyze incoming insurance applications for accuracy and program eligibility
- Work with clients through the lifecycle of a policy
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience preferred
- Insurance license and professional designations preferred (required post hiring)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and persuade with strong negotiation skills
- Must be self-driven, detail oriented, and possess strong organizational skills including time-management and prioritization
- Some limited travel may be required
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO Plan, Wellness initiatives, Gym stipend and more!